Hi everyone, and welcome to the Flavor Focus Week 2! How was your week? Did you enjoy last week’s roundup of apple recipes? If you like the series, make sure to sign up for email notifications over on the left (so you never miss a post). Also, make sure to follow the Flavor Focus board on Pinterest so you can easily pin all the recipes you see each week!
If this is your first Flavor Focus, get up to speed by reading week 1, but basically Flavor Focus is a weekly recipe roundup highlighting one particular flavor or ingredient. The flavor changes each week.
Which brings me to this week’s flavor…sprinkles!
Woo-hoo! I love sprinkles. They’re so cute, colorful, and fun to bake with. I love funfetti cakes, cupcakes topped with colorful sprinkles…really anything and everything with sprinkles. They’re such a playful ingredient. When I see a bunch of beautiful, multi-colored sprinkles, all I can think of is parties, birthdays, and all the fun things in life.
Do you feel the same way about sprinkles?
Before I get to the roundup, I need to confess something: finding recipes for this week was super easy. There are a ton of great sprinkle recipes out there. Plus, I already had this Sprinkles board to pull a few recipes from. Recipes that use sprinkles always catch my eye, so really the hard part about this week was narrowing down the list down to include only the best.
While I could have listed a bunch of funfetti cake recipes, I wanted to include a wide range of recipes. In fact, classic funfetti cake didn’t even make the cut. Instead, these recipes use sprinkles in everything from cupcakes to bark to doughnuts, even fruit! It turns out, there’s a lot you can do with sprinkles.
So, Happy Friday! Happy Week 2 of Flavor Focus! Let’s celebrate with a bunch of fantastic sprinkle recipes.
- Funfetti Biscotti | Fresh April Flours | Oh my goodness, I love biscotti and this funfetti biscotti is so creative. I’d love to munch on this while sipping my coffee in the morning! Plus, she includes a bunch of step-by-step photos so you can easily follow along at home.
- Cake Batter Blondies | Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen | Woah! These pictures are something else. White chocolate chips and sprinkles sounds like a fantastic combo. These blondies look absolutely gorgeous.
- Funfetti Angel Food Cupcakes | Cooking Classy | Eek! My boyfriend and I are crazy for angel food cake. Angel food cupcakes with sprinkles?! Simply over the top. Heads up, if you’ve never made angel food before it’s a little more advanced so make sure to do some googling before starting.
- Chocolate Covered Grapefruit | She Wears Many Hats | Okay, this is one of those why-didn’t-I-think-of-that recipes. Grapefruit slices dunked in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. How is this not a major snack item?
- Frosted Circus Animal Doughnuts | Sprinkles for Breakfast | Sprinkles? Check. Circus animal cookies? Check. Homemade doughnuts topped with those two things? Wow! This recipe is “too much” in the best sort of way.
- Funfetti Cheesecake | Sally’s Baking Addiction | Well, it’d be a crime not to include a recipe by the queen of sprinkles herself, Sally. She’s got a ton of recipes for sprinkle enthusiasts, but I chose this funfetti cheesecake. I’ve never tasted a cheesecake with sprinkles and this one sounds amazing. Even better, she includes a lot of helpful details in the directions so you won’t have any issue making it at home.
- Super Soft Sprinkle Pudding Cookies | Cookies and Cups | Pudding cookies with sprinkles? I’ve never made pudding cookies, but when I do I’m making these. Really soft cookies are always a winner.
Wow! There it is- Flavor Focus Week 2. I hope you’ll be back next week for a recipe roundup highlighting a new ingredient.
Need even more sprinkles in your life? Check out these coconut funfetti cupcakes.