Perfect, bakery style strawberry blueberry muffins! Homemade muffins packed with fresh strawberries and blueberries and topped with a cinnamon sugar crumble. These unique muffins are impossible not to love. They’re beautiful, delicious, and one-of-a-kind. Their beautiful color and irresistible taste will make you wonder why strawberry blueberry muffins aren’t the most popular out there!
I posted these rhubarb muffins earlier this summer. Have you tried them yet? They’re so good! I finally got around this week to creating a new muffin recipe using the rhubarb one as inspiration. I bet you could substitute any fruit and create a great recipe, but after several experiments, I came up with these strawberry blueberry muffins!
If you love big, bakery style blueberry muffins, these double berry muffins are going to blow you away. They’re flavorful, professional quality, and have a fantastic cinnamon sugar crumble topping. Plus, you don’t need any special kitchen accessories or pan to make ‘em.
Oh my gosh, I can’t get over how beautiful these muffins are. The blueberries and strawberries burst and break to form colorful patterns inside and out. Natural red and blue colors are in every bite.
Isn’t that gorgeous?
Do you like hanging out at coffee shops? My boyfriend and I do. Heck, we even met at a coffee shop! We enjoy sipping on coffee, munching on baked goods, and reading for hours. But lately, we’ve been going out less in order to save money (those cups of coffee really add up over time).
We aren’t tempted to go out with these muffins at home. Why go out when we have these? These strawberry blueberry muffins are just as good (if not better) than any muffin out there. Whip up a batch of these muffins and iced coffee, and voilá, our home is our own little coffee shop!
Plus, where else can you get a strawberry blueberry muffin? I don’t ever see strawberry blueberry muffins for sale. The two berries combined create such a unique, irresistible flavor. I wonder why strawberry blueberry muffins aren’t more popular.
I really enjoyed making these this week. I’ve been stressed out the past few weeks trying to get my new site up and running. Baking these muffins was a great way for me to relax and de-stress. When I’m in the kitchen, I feel at ease. Everything falls away and I can enjoy myself.
Do you find baking relaxing? Ever tried a strawberry blueberry muffin? Let me know by leaving a comment.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
- 2 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 & ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer or using a handheld mixer, combine brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix well.
- On low setting, mix in flour mixture until just blended. Using a spatula fold in blueberries and strawberries.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin pans. In a small bowl combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture on top of each muffin. Place into preheated 350 °F oven and bake for 17 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan before transferring to wire racks to cool fully.